Chicago’s Very Own Thanksgiving Day Parade
Date and time:
Thursday, Nov. 23, 2023 – 8:00 a.m.
State Street – From Ida B. Wells Dr. to Randolph Street
Specific details can be found on the event website, HERE.
Chicago has their very own Thanksgiving parade, so why settle for watching a parade in New York City on TV when you can see marching bands, giant cartoon-character balloons, dancers, and so much more weave through the streets of Chicago?
This is the perfect activity while you wait for the turkey to cook and the stuffing to be made on Thanksgiving day. The annual procession will proceed down State Street between Ida B. Wells Drive and Randolph Street and finishes by 11 am.
The Gathering of Grateful Hearts
You will absolutely want to keep your eyes in the skies for these lovable floating characters as they take over the streets at this year’s Chicago Thanksgiving Parade.
We have a secret to share! You must join us in person to watch the Chicago Thanksgiving Parade because you’ll be able to see the “balloon limbo” underneath the “L” by the Harold Washington Library (State and Washington) performed by the lovable inflatables.
Like to Sponsor a Parade Balloon?
One of the most popular parts of the Parade is the sky-soaring inflatables, which is an opportunity to continue to provide this event for free. The Thanksgiving Day Parade is an excellent opportunity to showcase our magnificent city while providing family entertainment for millions.
VOLUNTEER TO BE A BALLOON HANDLER
Be a part of the excitement and help guide the parade giants down State Street! This is an experience not to be missed, so apply today to claim your spot.
- Must be 18 to apply.
- The Parade begins at 8:00 am and ends at 11:00 am.
- Each Individual Sponsorship allows one person to enter the VIP Area.
- Kids two and under do not need a ticket but must sit in the same seat as the parent
- The VIP Area is in the TV Zone, 111 N. State Street, on the east side of State Street, between Washington and Randolph.
- The VIP Area opens at 7:00 am. We recommend arriving by 7:30 am.
- General admission bleacher seating and private portable restrooms are located in the VIP Area.
- Food and beverages are available for purchase.
- Outside food and drinks are NOT allowed in the VIP Area.
Diversity, culture, and community are represented end-to-end in one of the largest cities in North America at the Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade. The Parade embraces all traditions and gathers visitors and residents to celebrate Thanksgiving.
The Parade has featured groups representing their respective cultures in past years from Bolivian, Hawaiian, Indonesian to Irish and Japanese.
Let Fellowship Fleet Limousine and Bus Company take the hassle out of traveling to and from this holiday event. We can take of all your transportation. Click HERE to make your reservation, TODAY!