It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Ahh, yes. There is nothing like the hustle and bustle of busy holiday shoppers, down to the wire, fitting in their final holiday shopping tasks. Some special shoppers plan and start their shopping months in advance. However, some shoppers still have some shopping tasks ahead – but don’t fret!
According to Rasmussen Reports, if you are among those who haven’t even started Christmas shopping, you are not alone – as of a Dec 13th survey, 38% of shoppers had not yet begun their holiday shopping.
Last-minute shopping and gift tips
Don’t stress! Take a deep breath! There are lots of shopping and gift options, even with just a few days remaining.
Don’t ignore gifts that can be delivered by email
With last-minute shopping and less than full shelves, or because you may not be able to physically hand over a gift, an electronic gift is a practical option. A streaming/gaming gift, virtual gift cards to stores such as Target, and grocery or food delivery app subscriptions/gifts are great options.
Extended shopping hours and fast delivery may be available
Check out online information on extended store hours.
Don’t miss out on membership perks to companies such as Amazon, which may offer super-speedy deliveries!
Re-gifting is not a sin
Many people have thoughts about re-gifting. If sincere thought is put behind it, there may be a gift-recipient that will put it to good use!
Be reasonable and spend within your means
Be careful and don’t be tempted to overspend or settle for some overpriced items because of the lack of time. Taking a few extra minutes and briefly researching to find the right deal will benefit you in the long run. If you have to use a credit card more than normal, use one with cash back and points benefits, when possible.
Christmas Eve Shopping
For those that have really procrastinated on doing their shopping, either by choice or otherwise, it is good to know that most major retailers are open on Christmas Eve, although most often for reduced hours. Here is a list of a few of them:
· Banana Republic: Hours will vary by location
· Big Lots: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
· Gap: Hours will vary by location
· HomeGoods: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· JCPenney: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Kohl’s: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Kroger: Most stores will operate normal hours
· Marshalls: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Macy’s: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
· Michael’s: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Nordstrom: Limited hours, varies by location
· Nordstrom Rack: Limited hours, varies by location
· Old Navy: Hours will vary by location
- PetSmart: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- ·Target: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- T.J. Maxx: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Ulta Beauty: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Walmart: Stores close at 6 p.m.
· Whole Foods: Hours will vary by location
Relax! Plan to shop earlier next year, but for this year, make it fun!
Fellowship Fleet Limousine and Bus Company is right here to take you to your various destinations to get your shopping completed! Book a reservation HERE!